Primarily private placement insurance establishes a tax-free investment environment, at a very low cost, where there are a number of investment alternatives. In the case of private placement variable universal life insurance, the death benefit value of the policy is generally considered a secondary benefit. For the private placement products offered through RetireOne, the investment advisor manages the assets in the insurance policy.
- All earnings are tax deferred, including dividends, interest, capital gains, and partnership income.
- Optimize performance with transparent, lower asset-based costs
- Explore investment options in alternative asset classes
- Increased access to leading managers
- Elimination of K-1 tax reporting
- No surrender charges
For private placement variable universal life insurance, in addition to the above benefits:
- Tax-free access to cash value through withdrawals up to cost-basis
- Tax-free access to cash value through policy loans
- Policy beneficiaries receive policy proceeds on a tax-free basis at the death of the insured.