RetireOne is paid by insurers for services provided. RetireOne Relationship Managers are not paid commissions.
All insurance sales require an insurance license. Whether you are insurance licensed or not, RetireOnes’s Advisor Solutions Team will handle the transaction upon referral from the advisor. RetireOne’s Advisor Solutions Team is staffed with insurance licensed registered reps that are licensed in all 50 states. Click here to learn more.
All transactions go through suitability and supervisory review/oversight. The RetireOne Advisor Solutions Team has handled thousands of insurance sale transactions. We are experienced, FINRA registered, and insurance licensed. Our team and time tested operational procedures facilitate the seamless addition of insurance solutions to an advisors practice. We analyze in-force annuity contracts your clients may own to determine if potentially lowering their fees, changing solutions, or gaining additional benefits would be in the client’s best interest.
RetireOne’s Advisor Solutions Team has years of experience solving the retirement planning needs of investors. Our Advisor Solutions Team is dedicated to providing the complete support that you need to guide to a successful retirement. We are experienced, FINRA registered, and insurance licensed. Click here to meet the team.
We are ready to assist you with:
- Exploration and analysis of options and riders
- DOL Fiduciary Standard compliance
- Education and training on retirement needs and solutions
- Living benefit expertise, sales, and support
- Product illustrations
- Product comparisons
- 1035 exchange assistance and processing
- Pre-filled applications and forms
- Industry and product expertise
Our experienced team and time tested operational procedures facilitate the seamless addition of insurance solutions to an advisors practice. We continually analyze in-force annuity contracts your clients may own to determine if potentially lowering their fees, changing solutions, or gaining additional benefits would be in the client’s best interest. Our relationships with insurance companies and our technology helps streamline processes and provides the operational efficiencies needed to provide you with seamless service.
The laws and regulations governing the solicitation and sale of annuities can be complex and vary greatly from state to state. You should discuss your particular situation with your legal counsel.
Annuities are regulated both as securities and as insurance products. Sales and solicitation of annuities must comply with federal and state securities laws and state insurance laws. If your clients reside in different states, then you may be subject to regulation by more than one state insurance regulator. Being registered with the SEC or a state securities department does not eliminate the need for compliance with state insurance laws.
State insurance laws prohibit individuals without the appropriate insurance agent license, and an appointment from the insurance company from negotiating, soliciting, procuring, or transacting insurance, including annuities. Many state insurance laws also prohibit individuals with a license from acting as an insurance advisor, consultant, or counselor, from giving or offering for compensation of any sort advice regarding the terms and conditions of an insurance contract. This includes the advisability of purchasing, changing, or surrendering and annuity.
In most states, the need to be licensed and appointed does not depend on the method of compensation.
What you may or may not be able to do with insurance in your practice depends on your individual circumstances and the applicable state insurance laws. We cannot advise you on your individual situations. However, there are a number of activities that you may be able to perform without an insurance license:
- Informing customers that annuities and variable universal life insurance are available through RetireOne and our licensed representatives
- Requesting that RetireOne send insurance information, prospectus, or application to your client
- Assisting clients in contacting our licensed representatives on our Concierge Desk
- Performing purely administrative and clerical functions, such as forwarding paperwork, as a customer service gesture without reviewing or commenting on these
- Submitting a client’s asset-allocation instructions pursuant to the terms of a limited power of attorney agreement
The following activities require an insurance license:
- Urging, encouraging, or attempting to persuade a client to purchase a specific insurance product
- Describing the provisions, advantages, or specific features of any insurance product or comparing it to other products
- Telling a customer that you have the authority to sign or bind any insurance product
- Discussing specific rates, charges, or tax benefits of any insurance product
- Approving or signing an application, or accepting any premium payments
• Market Days: 8:30AM – 7:00PM ET
• Weekends and Holidays: Closed
222 South First St, Suite 600
Louisville, KY 40202
Have us conduct a free evaluation of your existing book of annuities to determine if we can reduce insurance costs or provide increased benefits with a 1035 exchange into lower-cost VA solutions.
Pick the option that is best of you.
1. Call us now at 877-575-2742.
2. Fax us your current annuity statement(s) at 502-882-6040 including your contact information.
3. Fill out this form for your current annuities.